Join the Y
Households across out community have different needs so we offer a variety of membership types. Each of our location offers many different programs, schedules, and classes therefore offering and fees may vary by branch.
Benefits of Membership
- Full access to all of facilities (except Suburban North members)
- A variety of programs for people of all ages, including exercise, nutrition and healthy lifestyle support
- Fully trained staff that is always ready to assist you
- Wellness consultations with trained fitness coaches that will help you set and achieve your goals
- State of the art cardio and strength training equipment
- Clean and well maintained facilities
- Many free land group exercise classes plus other classes such as water-based exercise, Zumba, Yoga, and pilates
- Free babysitting services to ensure that your child is in a safe environment while you work out
- The opportunity to train and become a Y mentor, tutor or activity coach
- The opportunity to build relationships with others members and volunteers
- AWAY – (Always Welcome at a Y) Home away from home access to over 2400 Ys across the country and around the World
- Your membership also gives you opportunities to save on programs like Summer Camps, Youth Sports, Swim Lessons, After School Care, Fitness and Adult Sports
7th Grade Initiative
The Greater Valley YMCA is proud to offer a free membership to all 7th graders at select YMCA branches. You will have access to our Swimming Pools, Basketball Court, Running Track, Youth wellness center and all of our Tween programs at member rates.
- Contact your YMCA to see if they are part of the program.
- Bring your Parent/Guardian to the Y.
- Bring proof of being in 7th grade- i.e. school i.d., or report card
The Greater Valley YMCA will provide financial assistance to all who qualify. We will not turn anyone away due to the inability to pay. Assistance is determined on a case-by-case basis using a sliding-fee scale. For more information, visit your YMCA.
We understand that military families are under enormous strain. As a member of the Y, you and your family can spend quality time together and enjoy fun activities in a warm, supportive environment. It’s also a place to meet other military families who can relate to your unique situation.
Who is Eligible? Title 10 personnel are eligible for a Y membership, including:
- Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families
- Relocated spouse/dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel
Note: The Relocated Spouse category supports families/spouse who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:
- The service member is on active duty.
- The service member is DEPLOYED for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders).
- The spouse has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near family).
- Wounded service members assigned to a Community Based Warrior in Transition Unit (CBWTU)
To register, please visit: MilitaryOneSource.com or call 1(800)342-9647 to determine eligibility and receive and eligibility form. Bring the form, your Military ID, and any other required documentation to the YMCA for verification.
Greater Valley YMCA SilverSneakers® Members have the opportunity to use all YMCA facilities and enjoy special SilverSneakers® fitness programs and activities at no additional charge. Plus, you may participate in all Greater Valley YMCA programs at the member rates. SilverSneakers special events are also held through out the year, from Social Gatherings & Pot Lucks, to Lunch and Learns and Informative Seminars! Contact your YMCA for more information.
To register for member and non-member programs, please use our secure Online Registration.